Catninga homestead was built in late 1800’s when it was run as a merino sheep/wool producing property. Today, Catninga is a small working cattle & horse property with tourist accommodation, bush camping, trail riding & more!
Heather & Brian are passionate about protecting the many endangered species of flora and the abundant fauna on the property and are committed in their quest to regenerate and protect the land and feel proud to share this beautiful part of Australia with anyone who wishes to visit.
Set amongst deep gorges, high mountain ranges with rugged rock formations and magnificent panoramas, ‘Catninga’ is the perfect choice to give you a taste of the Flinders Ranges.
Enjoy the beauty and tranquillity of the Mt Brown area. Whether you’re hiking, biking, 4WD’ing or just relaxing, Catninga’s rugged beauty will leave you with memories to cherrish.
Accommodation Options available include:-
• ‘The Carriage’ B&B, situated near the homestead, quality & comfortable
• The ‘Catninga Hut’ located near the summit of Mt Brown on the Heysen Trail Well suited to the hiker or adventure seeker.
• Catninga on site caravan sleeps up to 4 people
• Powered camp/caravan sites near homestead
• Unpowered & secluded camp sites situated along the beautiful gum creeks.
• Powered and unpowered sites near shearing shed. Great for horse riding groups
• Bush walking/Hiking – self guided trails
• Mountain biking – follow the many station tracks
• Bird watching
• Trail riding – guided and self guided
• 4wd tag-a-long tour – minimum 3 vehicles
• 4wd guided tour
• Animal feeding